Netflix Season The kissing booth summary and reviews
The kissing booth summary and reviews
“The Kissing Booth” is a popular teen romantic comedy film series on Netflix. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there were two movies in the series: “The Kissing Booth” (2018) and “The Kissing Booth 2” (2020). Here’s a summary of the series and some general reviews:
Summary: “The Kissing Booth” series, based on a book of the same name by Beth Reekles, follows the life and romantic adventures of Elle Evans, a high school student who finds herself in a complicated love triangle.
- The Kissing Booth (2018): The first film introduces viewers to Elle Evans, played by Joey King. She starts a kissing booth at her school’s carnival to raise money and finds herself sharing an unexpected, passionate kiss with her best friend’s older brother, Noah Flynn, played by Jacob Elordi. Elle and Noah embark on a secret romantic relationship, but they must navigate the challenges of hiding their romance from Elle’s best friend and Noah’s ex-girlfriend, Lee Flynn, played by Joel Courtney.
- The Kissing Booth 2 (2020): In the sequel, Elle and Noah face the challenges of a long-distance relationship when Noah goes to college. Meanwhile, Elle becomes close friends with a new classmate, Marco, which causes jealousy and tension in her relationship with Noah. The film explores the complexities of trust, loyalty, and making choices about love and friendship.
Reviews: Reviews of “The Kissing Booth” series have been mixed, with some viewers enjoying the lighthearted and romantic elements, while others criticized certain aspects:
- Many fans of teen rom-coms appreciated the series for its sweet, feel-good, and relatable portrayal of high school friendships and romance.
- The chemistry between the main cast members, especially Joey King and Jacob Elordi, was often praised for adding authenticity to the romantic storyline.
- The films were considered by some as a fun and nostalgic trip down memory lane for those who enjoy coming-of-age stories.
- Some viewers and critics found the storyline predictable and formulaic, with clichéd high school drama tropes.
- There were discussions about the character dynamics and decisions made by the characters, with some finding them frustrating or unrealistic.
- Elements of the story, such as the secrecy surrounding Elle and Noah’s relationship, were criticized for perpetuating unhealthy relationship dynamics.
As of my last update, “The Kissing Booth” series had a dedicated fan base among teenagers and young adults who enjoy teen rom-coms. However, opinions on the series can vary widely depending on individual tastes and preferences. If there have been additional films or developments in the series since September 2021, I recommend checking more recent reviews and opinions for the latest perspectives on “The Kissing Booth.”